VESIcare may potentially interact with a number of other medications (see VESIcare Drug Interactions).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Digestive problems (especially problems that cause a slowing of food through the digestive tract)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click VESIcare Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
An overdose of VESIcare would likely cause the usual side effects of the drug, but perhaps more severely. In some cases, the symptoms may become dangerous.
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click VESIcare Overdose for more information.)