General considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- It comes in tablet form and is taken just once a day.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- VESIcare should be taken at the same time each day in order to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of VESIcare that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to VESIcare
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click VESIcare Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with VESIcare. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of VESIcare include, but are not limited to:
- Dry mouth (see VESIcare and Dry Mouth)
- Constipation (see VESIcare and Constipation)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI or bladder infection)
- Blurred vision.
(Click VESIcare Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)