Incontinence Home > VESIcare Warnings and Precautions
To help ensure a safe treatment process, it's important to review VESIcare warnings and precautions before starting the drug. For example, the drug may slow down the digestive system, increase your risk of QT prolongation, and decrease your ability to sweat. VESIcare warnings and precautions also extend to people who have glaucoma, urinary retention, or a condition that delays the emptying of food from the stomach.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking VESIcare® (solifenacin succinate) if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Digestive problems (especially problems that cause a slowing down of food through the digestive tract)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.