Incontinence Home > VESIcare Dosage
The recommended VESIcare dosage for the treatment of an overactive bladder is 5 mg once a day. If your symptoms do not improve, your healthcare provider may increase your dose up to 10 mg once daily. However, for people with liver disease, kidney disease, or who take certain medications that may interact with VESIcare, dosing should not exceed 5 mg once daily.
The dose of VESIcare® (solifenacin succinate) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- How you respond to VESIcare
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
VESIcare Dosage for an Overactive BladderThe recommended starting dose of VESIcare for overactive bladder treatment is 5 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose up to VESIcare 10 mg once daily.
The maximum VESIcare dose for people with kidney disease, liver disease, or who take certain other medications (see VESIcare Drug Interactions) is 5 mg once daily.
Considerations for people taking VESIcare include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken just once a day.
- You can take VESIcare with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- VESIcare should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. VESIcare will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your VESIcare dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.