Incontinence Channel
Topics
Medications
Quicklinks
Related Channels

Gelnique Overdose

If you take too much Gelnique (oxybutynin gel), overdose symptoms may include vomiting, disorientation, and an irregular heart rhythm. The specific effects of an overdose will vary based on how much of the medication was taken and whether it was taken with other substances. Treatment will typically involve supportive care, which is treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.

Can You Take Too Much Gelnique?

Gelnique™ (oxybutynin gel) is a prescription skin gel used to treat an overactive bladder. As with any medication, it is probably possible to overdose on this product. The specific effects of a Gelnique overdose could vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Gelnique dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
 
Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on Gelnique.
 

Effects of an Overdose With Gelnique

Reported symptoms of overdoses with oxybutynin (the active ingredient in Gelnique) have included:
 
  • Hyperactivity
  • Flushing
  • Fever
  • Dehydration
  • An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
  • Vomiting
  • Difficulty passing urine
  • Memory loss
  • Disorientation
  • Dilated pupils
  • Dry skin
  • Agitation.
     

Treatment for a Gelnique Overdose

Treatment for an overdose with this drug involves supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options for a Gelnique overdose may include:
 
  • Fluids through an intravenous line (IV), if necessary
  • Close monitoring of the heart and lungs.
     
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on this medication.
 
7 Tricks to Relieve Your Enlarged Prostate

Gelnique Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.