Ditropan XL Side Effects
Some side effects with Ditropan XL, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Severe constipation
- Worsening of glaucoma
- Difficulty passing urine
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, wheezing, and unexplained swelling.
There are other less common Ditropan XL side effects that can occur. These side effects occur in 2 to 5 percent of people taking the drug. For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by Ditropan XL or something else.
These less common Ditropan XL side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Nasal dryness
- Accidental injury
- Back pain
- Flu symptoms (such as fever, chills, or body aches)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (such as the common cold)
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Dry skin.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Ditropan XL side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand whether you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Ditropan XL or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.