When and How to Take DetrolGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Detrol comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Detrol should be taken at the same times each day in order to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Detrol
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Detrol Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Detrol. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Detrol include, but are not limited to:
(Click Detrol Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)