Detrol LA Warnings and Precautions
Before starting Detrol LA, warnings and precautions for the drug should be discussed with your healthcare provider to help minimize risks. Prior to taking the medicine, let your healthcare provider know if you have glaucoma, kidney disease, or digestive problems. Detrol LA warnings and precautions also apply to people who are allergic to any components of the drug, have difficulty passing urine, or have uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Detrol® LA (tolterodine ER) if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Digestive problems (especially those that involve slow emptying of food from the stomach)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.