Detrol LA may potentially interact with a number of other medications (see Detrol LA Drug Interactions).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Detrol LA if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Digestive problems (especially those that involve slow emptying of food from the stomach)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Detrol LA Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
An overdose could potentially cause serious effects, such as a dangerously irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia). Also, an overdose would be likely to cause the usual Detrol LA side effects, but perhaps more severely.
If you happen to overdose on Detrol LA, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Detrol LA Overdose for more information.)