Today there are more treatments for bladder problems than ever before. The choice of treatment for your specific needs depends on:
- The type of bladder control problem you have
- How serious it is
- What best fits your lifestyle.
Different treatment options for bladder problems may include:
- Bladder or habit training.
- Lifestyle changes, such as losing weight or cutting out certain foods
- Devices, such as a pessary (a ring placed in the vagina to support the urethra) or urine seals
As a general rule, the simplest and safest urinary incontinence treatment should be tried first.